Crack the Case Analytics – is a custom analytics case workshop. MSBA and MSMR students will be prepared for both analytics consulting and industry data science and analyst interviews. Our use of multiple case examples from various industries and highly interactive approach will keep you engaged throughout the entire session. You will leave with a thorough understanding of how to approach analytics cases as well as next steps to continue to practice and fine-tune your case interview skills. See topics below.
Location: Online – Zoom Platform
- Please use a PC, laptop or tablet with the camera and microphone enabled.
- This is an interactive session where participation is required. We will use the Zoom room break-out feature for in-class partner exercises.
• We emphasize an Answer First succinct style.
• With a few exercises you will become confident and improve quickly.
Problem Solving Structures
• Three practical structures for breaking the problem down and gathering data:
• Block, Break & Ask
• Process Flow
• Capabilities Building
Data Interpretation and Presentation
• MSA students love data but learning how to interpret quickly and explain insights is a new skill
• There will also be practice turning data sets into graphs
Case Example Exercises
• Building structures to analyze the data
• Solve a case: identify data sources, structure the analysis, interview management (role play), interpret charts and graphs and deliver a recommendation