Crack the Case Workshops
Strategic Problem Solving During the Interview
Ideal for students considering careers in business, entrepreneurship, or the social sector, in this interactive, fast-paced workshop, participants will learn, practice, and build confidence using structured approaches for analyzing organizations — critical skills for interviewing and success on the job.
Students will be challenged to diagnose issues and develop strategic recommendations as we work through multiple case examples, building business acumen and a better understanding of:
- How organizations make important strategic decisions (and the specific role interns/recent grads commonly play in supporting those decisions)
- Various functions within organizations and the types of business questions individuals in those functions face day-to-day
- Business communication best practices (“Be answer first”, CSAI, leading effective meetings, creating compelling charts)
- What companies are looking for when hiring undergraduates with a non-business background
- How to continue building relevant skills and readiness for interviews (and work!) after today
Location: Online – Zoom Platform
- Please use a PC, laptop or tablet with the camera and microphone enabled.
- This is an interactive session where participation is required. We will use the Zoom room break-out feature for in-class partner exercises.