Now it’s time to broaden your business knowledge. We’ll introduce a simple model to help you see the “big picture” of how a business works. Then you’ll practice problem-solving in each of these five zones:
- Zone 1 – Strategy (making strategic decisions)
- Zone 2 – Operations (managing the day to day money making)
- Zone 3 – Organization (understanding which organizational changes will make money)
- Zone 4 – Finance (asking the key financial questions)
- Zone 5 – External Factors (considering macro impacts on the business at hand)
During the exercises in Part Two, we’ll apply the communication skills learned in Part One. We’ll end our time together discussing some short, broad-based business problems.